Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Obsessed with... Heavy Knit Sweaters. Give me that knit!!

I believe that one of the biggest trends of Fall 2011 are exactly these snow-storm, grandma style, skiing anytime SWEATERS. Since I first saw Olivia Palermo pair a sweater with a long flowy skirt, I knew something was up. And now we see all the fall collections having a little knit party together, not to mention the approachable take on knit from our fav stores forever 21, zara and on. The cheap and chic section of this post is at the bottom, so you can go ahead and get shopping! And may I say that a sweater is a very easy Christmas present? Oh boy, those presents are coming...I have a list to make and some shopping to do. Credit card be scared!

P.S. I also did a knit post just when I started blogging, check it out and tell me if I have improved? :p

How to wear the heavy knits without looking like a fat ass? Read on!

With a button-down
casually put together
or fully buttoned up

With shorts
Who cares it's cold, put some boots on and don't whine!



sparkly embelished shorts - check
silky blouse - check
sweater - check
genious - check

why not? be creative!

With an attention grabbing, style clashing skirt

Beautiful


Uber feminine

With a necklace on top
Who said it can't be done?





With not-so-imaginative pants
If it's a colorful one, you'll still get a point



Or if you are REALLY not imaginative
With leggings



But a sweater always looks best when paired
With a friend




Cheap and Chic
Now that you've learned how to wear it, I say you go out and buy it! Get a nice bright color to scare away all the winter blues. It doesn't have to break the bank either...


Forever 21 Cream Sweater - buy
ASOS Bright Yellow Sweater - buy
ASOS Sprakling Blue Sweater - buy
J. Crew Stripped Sequin Sweater - buy
Zara Pink Knit Sweater - buy
Loft Gray Sweater - buy
Forever 21 Royal Blue Sweater - buy
ASOS Orange-liscious Sweater - buy

Now, don't you wish your grandma taught you how to knit now?

xoxo cmok!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...